Free press in U.S. vs Mexico: Que es mas macho?

Daniel Hopsicker

Daniel Hopsicker is an investigative journalist and the author of two books on transnational crime, Welcome to Terrorland and Barry & the Boys.

6 Responses

1. Roger Reaves says:

Dear Daniel,

Roger Reaves book will be out soon.

Could you please make contact via – rogerreaves2015@gmail.com – or preferably at the email provided that is not published in the identifier line.

2. Cassie says:

This might be something you'd find interesting: http://www.twitlonger.com/show/n_1snmakv?new_post=true

3. MSimon says:

Daniel,

wordpress doesn't let you see the email address on comments.

My version of wordpress allows that. I sometimes contact commenters that way.

4. MSimon says:

I have a question. What is going on (drug war) has to be known to other intel services. Why haven't they blown the whistle? I am familiar with such half arsed efforts as Lyndon LaRouche (Russia I believe).  Is that the best they can do?

5. MSimon says:

Re: the link Cassie October 19, 2015 at 8:17 pm posted. It can also be found here:

I found that with this search term: " Giffuni drug "

Chiris Christie's Mexico visit (referenced in the letter) is a fact. Christie is a drug warrior. And how about that Bernie Sanders? I'm no friend of his politics but he is working hard to put anothe nail in the coffin of Prohibition.

6. MSimon says:

So Barry Seal was running drugs for the Democrats? And the Democrats favor ending (parts of) Prohibition? That says they now have other sources of money the Republicans don't have. And the political divide is obvious. The left rank and file favors ending Prohibition more than the right rank and file. Those Baptists are in bed with the bootleggers again.

The Republican stance generally is 10th Amendment. Leave it to the States. No mention of repealing Federal law.

What are the main themes of the anti-Prohibitionists? Prisons, Racism, Medical Use.